|Amazon is promising that staff in its Metro Vancouver warehouse are now able to process and deliver orders on the same day. (Scott Sady/Associated Press)|
"With same-day delivery, customers in Toronto and Vancouver can conveniently take care of errands or complete holiday shopping in a day with just a few clicks," Amazon.ca country manager Alexandre Gagnon said in a statement released this morning.
Amazon says the service will be offered seven days a week, but not all items the company sells will be available for quick delivery.
The company says there are more than one million items available for same-day delivery to Toronto customers, and hundreds of thousands available to those in Vancouver.
- Electronics — including movies, video games and consoles.
- Household items — laundry detergent and cleaning supplies.
- Pantry items — packaged food and drinks.
- Travel items — toothpastes, sunscreen and shaving cream.
- Not all neighbourhoods are eligible, and Amazon has released a list of postal codes where same-day delivery will be offered. In Vancouver, for instance, the North Shore, and some eastern suburbs are excluded.
Customers who subscribe to Amazon's Prime membership will be charged a flat fee of $6.99 for the service, while others will pay $11.99 per shipment, and an additional $1.99 per item.
Amazon's same-day delivery business has soared in the United States, where it competes with Google in the emerging market.
Post a Comment